MUSCLE PRESERVATION MATRIX
10:1:1 Instantiated Branch Chain Amino Acid Complex (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)
This ratio refers to the amount of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine present in each scoop of BCAA Revolution.
- A 10:1:1 ratio is a Leucine loaded matrix with 10x the amount of Leucine as compared to the Isoleucine and Valine.
- Leucine is the most vital building block of your muscles in the BCAA complex.
- A study done in 2009 found that subjects who supplemented with BCAAs while following an 8-week resistance training program had a greater decrease in body fat, an increase in lean mass, and greater strength gains on the bench press and squat compared to the non-BCAA group.
Taurine has a myriad of benefits. From helping the body to metabolize fat, improving insulin sensitivity, raising testosterone levels, as an antioxidant, higher performance and quicker recovery during athletic training and increasing cardiovascular health… it goes without saying that Taurine is a great ingredient to have in your wheelhouse
- Zhang et al. (2004) found that individuals who supplemented with taurine for 1 week before an exhaustive exercise bout significantly improved time to exhaustion, VO2 max, and maximal workload. It also decreased exercise induced DNA damage.
Glutamine and Glutamine Peptides:
L-glutamine is the most prevalent free amino acid in plasma and one of the most prevalent found in muscle tissue.
- L-Glutamine stimulates muscle protein synthesis and is effective at replenishing energy for muscles (glycogen) after exhaustive exercise which may lead to quicker recovery.
- L-Glutamine may also increase cell volumization (hydration) and lead to increases in muscle hypertrophy.
- L-Glutamine may also reduce protein breakdown and support immune function.
- Lehmkuhl et al. (2003) found individual supplementing with glutamine and creatine monohydrate for 8 weeks increased body mass, lean body mass and the initial rate of power production compared to placebo.
HICA (alpha-hydroxyisocaproic acid) is a metabolite of leucine. Similar to leucine, HICA aids in the resistance of muscle damage and breakdown.
- Just 4 weeks of HICA supplementation has been found to increase lean body mass and reduce delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS) by tipping the scales in favor of anabolism (Mero et al., 2010).